Prior to the arrival in the Republic of Latvia, a person who enters the country by using services of international carriers must confirm in writing that upon arrival in Latvia, the epidemiological safety measures established in the country will be observed. In the statement the person must indicate his or her name, surname, personal identification code, contact telephone number and the address of the actual place of residence where the person can be reached, as well as the countries and dates of departure in which the person has stayed during the last 14 days before the arrival in Latvia.
If the person has stayed in a country that is subject to the special precautionary and restrictive measures, published on the website of the Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (SPKC), he/she must declare that he/she will take the special precautionary measures, including self-isolation.
If the arrival of a foreign national in Latvia is necessary for the fulfilment of obligations of Latvian merchants, then this person must confirm in writing that while staying in Latvia, he/she will ensure self-isolation outside the working hours, monitor his/her health condition and observe the special precautionary measures.
If the person has stayed in a country that is not subject to the precautionary and restrictive measures, the person does not have to comply with the special precautionary measures.
The relevant carrier is responsible for handing over the completed statement to the State Border Guard and SPKC as soon as possible.
Questionnaires of persons who have stayed in a country (published on the SPKC website), which is subject to the special precautionary and restrictive measures, must be submitted to the State Border Guard.
The remaining questionnaires must be submitted to the SPKC.
The responsible authority must store the statements for one month.
The procedure for submitting the questionnaires to the State Border Guard:
At locations where there are State Border Guard posts, the questionnaires can be returned there (airport, large ports).
If there is no State Border Guard post then:
- International bus carrier whose final destination is Riga International Coach Terminal sends a scanned form to e-mail: email@example.com
- International bus carrier whose final destination is Daugavpils bus station sends a scanned formto e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International bus carrier whose final destination is Liepāja bus station sends a scanned form to e-mail: email@example.com
If there is no State Border Guard post, then the questionnaires in scanned form should be sent to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +371 67075616 or +371 67075718 to agree on the procedure how the State Border Guard can arrive to the specific flight and collect the questionnaires.
The procedure for transferring information to SPKC
In person, at SPKC branches from 8:30 to 17:00 (week days):
- Riga, Central Office, 22 Duntes Street, k-5, Office 208 (to the Assistant Director), phone +371 67501590
- Jelgava, 3 Skolotāju Street, phone +371 63022674
- Valmiera, 9 L. Paegles Street, phone +371 64281131
- Rēzekne, 16a Zemnieku Street, phone +371 64624236
- Daugavpils, 105 18.novembra Street, phone +371 65451489
- Liepāja, 56 Friča Brīvzemnieka Street, phone +371 63424595
- Ventspils, 31 Saules Street, phone +371 63622454.
Or by sending the questionnaires in scanned form to the e-mail address email@example.com