The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
The fund supports deminishing of differences of development and living standards in regions. The financing is provided to the development of infrastructure, production and the development of small and medium enterprises.
According to the Regulation No 1783/1999 of European Comission the fund provides support to the following actions:
- Arranging of business environment and increasing of competitiveness, especially emphasizing the help to small and medium enterprises;
- Developing of local economy and employment, including encouragement of employment in sectors of tourism and culture;
- Research and technological development;
- Development of local, regional and Trans-European transport, telecommunication and energy networks and connected infrastructure;
- Protection and development of environment;
- Maintenance of equality between women and men in the field of employment
The Ministry of Transport implements these activities as the competition of National Program and open projects for local self-governments.